Submission call for URBAN 2017 Photo Awards, International contest organized by Italian cultural association dotART together with media partners Photographers.it and Sprea Fotografia, is now open.
There are two sections open for submission: Urban Photography and 7-themes "Projects and Portfolio" open section (Street Photography, Architecture, Social City, Urban Art, Transport, Green Life, Visions).
Subscription are open till May 31st, 2017
Total prize value: € 4,000
To submit please visit THIS LINK.
Works must be submitted no later than May 31st, 2017 and will be selected by a prestigious Jury composed by:
- Maurizio Galimberti (Jury President, international photographer and artist famous for its Polaroid mosaics)
- Monika Bulaj (Photographer, reporter and filmmaker)
- Denis Curti (“Casa dei Tre Oci” museum in Venice art director)
- Elena Uljančić-Veki (director of Poreč Museum, Croatia)
- Aida Muluneh (Ethiopian photographer and founder of Addis Foto Fest)
- Angelo Cucchetto (founder of Photographers.it and Trieste Photo Days art director)
- Ania Klosek (Polish street photographer, member of Un-Posed)
- Karol Liver (Polish photographer and founder and chief editor of Prism Photo Magazine)
- Rathika Ramsamy (Indian naturalist photographer)
- Bob Patterson (Street photographer Magazine editor)
- Grzegorz Kosmala (doc! photo magazine photo editor)
- Mozart Mesquita (partner in FHOX, oldest publication focused in the universe of the image in Brazil)
- Rohit Vohra (Indian street photographer)
Winner of URBAN2017 will be announced at the end of October during Trieste Photo Days 2017, International photography festival organized by dotART.
Other than regular prizes, URBAN gives the chance to the best ranked photographers to enter its tour of travelling photo exhibitions, the real and tangible value of this contest. Since 2011 URBAN has setup exhibitions in Poland (Krakow, Łódź and Warsaw), Hungary (Budapest, Pécs and Miskolc), Germany (Berlin), Cyprus (Limassol, Paphos and Nicosia), Latvia (Riga), Croatia (Poreč), Slovenia (Koper), Ukraine (Sumy), Colombia (Bucaramanga) and Italy (Trieste and Rome).